Board of Control
The Lafayette Public Library Board of Control is the governing body for the Lafayette Public Library. The Library Board is comprised of residents of Lafayette Parish who are appointed by the Lafayette City-Parish Council to serve five-year terms of office.
- Yung-Hsing Wu, Ph.D., President [term expires: 11/30/2020]
- Joan Wingate, Vice-President [term expires: 5/31/2018]
- Adele S. Blue [term expires: 1/7/2017]
- Dr. Suzanne Dardeau [term expires 12/31/2019]
- Andrew Duhon, City-Parish President Appointee
- Amy Goode [term expires: 9/30/2019]
- Joseph Gordon-Wiltz [term expires: 9/30/2020]
Teresa L. Elberson, Interim Library Director, Secretary
Library Board meetings are generally held the third Monday of the month at 5:00 p.m. , unless otherwise posted. The Regular Meeting location, effective July 2015, is in the Main Library, 301 W. Congress Street, Lafayette, LA 70501 – in the Library Board Room, 3rd Floor Administrative Offices. The Library Board Room is open to the public for all Library Board meetings. Check the schedule through the links below for dates and agendas. All Library Board meetings are open to the public. Public Notice along with the agenda is posted in advance, in accordance with the Open Meetings Law. This notice is posted on the bulletin board in the entry area of the Main Library and on this website.