Board of Control
The Lafayette Public Library Board of Control is the governing body for the Lafayette Public Library. The Library Board is comprised of residents of Lafayette Parish who are appointed by the Lafayette City-Parish Council to serve five-year terms of office.
- Suzanne Dardeau, President [term expires 12/31/14]
- Adele S. Blue, Vice-President [term expires: 1/7/17]
- Trista Badeaux [term expires: 5/30/13]
- Andrew Duhon [City-Parish Appointee]
- Kay A. Theunissen [term expires: 9/30/14]
- Bennett Bernard [term expires: 8/31/15]
- Dr. Vanessa Hill [term expires: 9/30/15]
- Yung-Hsing Wu, Ph.D. [term expires: 11/30/15]
- Sona J. Dombourian, Library Director
Library Board meetings are generally held the third Monday of the month at 5:00 p.m. , unless otherwise posted. Meeting location has varied during 2012 due to the temporary closing of the Main Library for renovations. At the October 2012 Board Meeting, the Library Board voted to hold meetings at the Library’s Administrative Office Building – 604 S. Buchanan Street, Lafayette, LA 70501 unless otherwise posted. The Administrative Office Building is open to the public for all Library Board meetings. Check the schedule through the links below for dates and agendas. All Library Board meetings are open to the public.