- We have a full calendar of programs and events designed for all ages. View our Calendar of Events or our BookTalk newsletter to see what’s planned in the coming weeks.
- Some of our program require registration. You may sign up by calling the library location or using the online form in the program listing in our Calendar of Events.
- You can search our online catalog for any books, eBooks, audiobooks and DVDs we have in our collection.
- eBooks - The Lafayette Public Library offers multiple services that enable library card holders to access eBooks for free and even check them out to their own devices: Overdrive (eBook and audiobook downloads), TumbleBookCloud (YA/Teen eBooks and audiobooks), TumbleBookCloud Junior (eBooks, audiobooks and graphic novels for tweens), TumbleBook Library (interactive storybooks, chapter books and games for young children) and TrueFlix (educational, non-fiction books and videos for children).
- Audiobooks – The library has a large collection of audiobooks in a variety of formats: cassette, compact disk, Playaway (a portable device pre-loaded with an audiobook) and downloadable MP3s from our Overdrive service. We also provide access to TumbleBook Library, an electronic library for children that contains audiobooks and eBooks.
- eMagazines – Our Flipster and Zinio services let you download popular newsstand magazines directly to your tablet.
- Borrowing/Renewing Materials
Computers and Internet
- Free Wi-Fi is available in all library branches.
- All of our locations also have public access computers. You may reserve a computer for one hour at a time.
- Our computers also have printing available at a small fee. Some locations have color printing, where others only have black and white printing.
- For further information, please see the Electronic Resources Policy.
- Copy machines are available at all LPL locations. Copies are 10 cents per page.
- Please observe copyright laws when photocopying materials. Copies are available in black and white only.
- The library subscribes to a number of electronic databases, most of which can be accessed from home with a valid library card.
- These resources include research databases, language learning software, software training tutorials, newspapers and magazines, genealogy resources, homework resources, legal forms and more!
- We issue library cards to people of all ages who live, work or go to school in Lafayette Parish.
- Most library card holders from surrounding parishes are also eligible for a Lafayette Public Library card.
- You can apply for a LPL card on our website.
Microfilm and Microfiche
- Microfilm containing the Louisiana census records and the Daily Advertiser can be found in the Reference department of the Main Library.
- The Lafayette Public Library owns a ST 200 microfilm viewer-scanner that you can use to convert microfilm, microfiche, and microcards to digital image files. Please ask at the Information Services desk for assistance.
Reference and Information Services
- Our reference staff will answer questions in person, over the phone or via email.